This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Ah, Cooler Master, how we love thee. A gaming computer case of Mid Tower proportions with the quality of the Cooler Master brand, it’s a gaming computer case straight from the heavens. Or is it? It looks like a soldier decked out for battle, gritting his teeth with a cigarette dangling between them, but does it have the features it’s supposed to? Is the Cooler Master quality carried through to this tough gaming case? Let’s find out.
- Supports two 120mm radiator fans – cooling is essential for any gamer.
- Front I/O panel for easy access to ports – with 2x USB ports and mic in and audio out.
- Top platform for storing personal belongings. Well that’s neat isn’t it? You don’t have to worry about where to stash your bag of chips – just stick in the top of your rig. Or… don’t.
- Removable dust filters on the bottom and front cover. Woop woop! Better than plain dust filters. You can actually remove and clean these babies. And that makes for a clean case.
- Water cooling outlets
- 7+1 expansion slots for increased expandability
- Backup screw holder
- Two 3.5″ or 2.5″/1.8″ HDD/SSDs
- Great airflow.
- Loads of space – wouldn’t say it’s a Mid Tower.
- Fits the Hyper Master 212 EVO – but then, that’s Cooler Master for you.
- Great quality for price.
- Good cable management .
- Look, I could go on with these Pros, but they’re pretty much endless. Just go out and buy the damn thing.
- Grills caused some issues .
- Can be a wee bit noisy .
- Some vibration from quick-snap system .
- Noisy case fan under load.
And The Public Says…
BigGameHunter said: “This case was a major upgrade from the last case I purchased back in 2006. The way the hard drive bays are turned makes cable management a lot easier than it used to be. I also like the amount of places that you can mount fans and a radiator at the top.Everything is well designed with plenty of room for cable management, some of the larger graphics cards, and larger fans. I am thoroughly pleased and believe it was overall a great purchase.”
There’s no question about this case in my mind. Cooler Master performs again and again in every faculty. Hell, I’d even invest in a few Cooler Master fans to go with our darling soldier. The general consensus is you’ll need to install a few more, though the airflow in this one is just superb.
So it’s Cooler Master or bust. Or it’s one of our other best gaming computer cases. Check ’em out.