This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Hmm, this gaming computer case brings scenes of a handsome God with a massive hammer to mind. It’s the heaviest of our best gaming computer cases and possible the sexiest. With a LED light functionality in the fan (which can be switched on or off) and a can-do attitude, it sails to the top of the heap. Sure, it’s a Full Tower, not a Mid Tower like the others, and that’s reflected in the price, but it’s true quality. Let’s take a look at the features, pros and cons of this beaut, and get an even picture.
- 36.9 pounds of muscle. This baby aint going to vibrate unless you stick twenty fans up its nostril.
- Support up to XL-AT x (13.5″ x 10.3″) / E-AT x (12″ x 10.3″) Motherboard
- 10 expansion slots . Nom, nom, nom. Aint that the best?!
- Gaming type – Allow to swing top fins to increase air flow
- Front 230mm fan is equipped with LED on/off switch (default is LED off). Looks great, and can be switched off if it irritates you.
- Advanced cable management design
- Screw-less design for 5.25″ Devices & 3.5″ HDDs
- Top mounted IO ports – 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x e-SATA, 2 x USB 2.0, Audio out, MIC in
- Top mounted dual fan speed control knobs support up to 6 fans. So loads of cooling, and a great way to control it all.
- Brilliant airflow
- Comes with 3x 230mm fans
- Built in Fan Controller
- Spacious interior
- Very sturdy
- Superb cable management – everything tucks away neatly
- Top fan is huge
- Plenty of HDD bays
- PSU gave out
- Front panel loose
- Connector clips for front panel were broken on arrival
- Defective USB 3.0 port
- Case warped
- Trouble with I/O panel
And The Public Says…
ThoR v3 said this: “This case.. simply stunning for the price. The air flow is so amazing… im running dual 7970s in here and my ambient temp is still only 80F. the only extra fans i purchased are 3 140mm red LED MZXTs. My core never pushes over 105F with the H100 i have on it. The cable management is PERFECT for my needs… its got more hard drive bays than i can ever use. also of note is the fact that they support the 2.5 drives, SSD and all. This case is perfect. period. :D”
So, if you’re looking for something that’s going to fit every component you can imagine, then the Rosewill THOR is probably the right way to go. It has some issues, breakages etc, but that’s the risk you take when shopping online. IF you’re willing to take that risk, and end up with a superb case with loads of functionality, then go for it. If not, check out our other contenders for best gaming computer cases.